Biopharmaceutical customer requirement to start up a moth-balled existing plant to increase product capacity. Off-shore OEM that supplied the original critical assembly was no longer in business. Without a resource, a complete new system including mixers and piping might be required.
Hunter Hawk reverse engineered the existing worn-out assemblies and manufactured new parts for our customer so the 9-year inactive plant could go back on line without incurring large startup costs and long lead schedules for equipment replacement.
Refinery MRO Collaborating & Innovating with Hunter Hawk
Substantial savings related to not having to source new equipment and custom fit to existing piping and mixers. Working with Hunter Hawk, customer could use existing legacy equipment.
- New and repaired assemblies delivered on-time
- Legacy equipment fit perfectly with the new manufactured assemblies
- The formerly inactive production plant start-up was on schedule
- Future repairs and parts readily availability through Hunter Hawk eliminating potential off-shore long lead times of 12 to 18 months
- Collaboration with customer engineering allowed for improvements to increase efficiency
- Installed and anticipated to be longer lasting than original parts supplied by others